Recently someone referred me to Shawn Achor. He researches and writes about positive psychology. He believes that if you do certain things everyday for 21 days you can be happier. He recommends doing the following.
1. exercise 10 minutes daily
2. write 2 minutes daily about postive interaction you have had
3. write down 3 things you are grateful for with no repeats
4. meditate each day for at least 2 minutes
5. do something nice each day
Since reading this I have talked with a few people that have tried the challenge and have found that they are thinking in a more positive way. Why don’t you take on the challenge and see how it makes you feel. I would love to hear in the comments how it has worked for you.
And here is Shawn Achor’s Ted Talk. It focuses on the business benefits of his philosophy but is still worth a listen.
Photo Copyright: 5505292 / 123RF Stock Photo