Is a traumatic event impacting your life?
You may feel:
- like you repeat the same dysfunctional relationships
- like you are always taking care of others and never yourself
I can help you:
- Learn how to say “no” and set boundaries in your relationships
- Learn to be in relationships that are safe and affirming
- Learn to put yourself first
- Grieve your losses
- Feel safe again
The most important aspect of trauma therapy is for you to be in a safe relationship with a compassionate therapist. While EMDR therapy can be effective for resolving trauma symptoms you also need space for addressing other emotions such as grief and anger. Everyone’s recovery from trauma is different so we will work on both helping you develop skills and providing you with safety. I practice using a phase based treatment which starts with stabilization. This means you don’t have to worry about talking about your past traumas we will work with your symptoms and help you build the capacity to think and feel at the same time so that trauma work does not cause you to become de-stabilized or feel out of control.
I am now also offering EMDR intensives to those in Pennsylvania and California
For some great resources on healing trauma click through to my blog post with some recommendations.